Services in the kirk cancelled: We love being together as a church, but we are called to love the world more. We are not holding services/gatherings as a way of loving the world that God loves the very best way we can, by not putting more people at risk. Covid-19 virus: Stay safe, act responsibly, follow official advice -click here ( Health Protection Scotland).
Worship – find here including outdoor and online.
We all need company – get in touch here.
Prayers – find here
- Christian Aid Week enables you to support the poorest of the poor. Donations are especially now needed – we suggest you donate on https://www.christianaid.org.uk/appeals/key-appeals/christian-aid-week .
- For your soulful time of worship ‘angels’ click here, authentic lives created this original youtube clip, our most recent. Auchtertool Kirk is on youtube.com/ – subscribe if you like! Find all our broadcasts there, past and present.
- Sunday 31 May, 10am start, we worship jointly with the whole of the Church of Scotland! It’s ‘Pentecost’, the ‘birthday of the Christian Church’. To mark this, Martin, this years new Moderator, shall lead us in worship online with contributions from many different places. Like Jesus’ followers on that first Pentecost, here is the invitation to step confidently into whatever the future holds. Streamed on the Church of Scotland website and Church of Scotland Facebook page : This shall be the service of our congregations that Sunday, (no separate broadcast from us). A phone in option (more details soon) will be available for those with poor or no internet connection, it will be fully captioned and a BSL version will also be available. View a trailer at this link.
- Sunday 31st May 11:30am on TV – BBC 1: televised ecumenical Scottish service “Reflections at the Quay”. Fully accessible for those who do not have the internet.
- we will pray for you and yours; in the Village Green you can post prayer requests confidentially in a white ‘prayer – letter box’.
- Monday – Fridays: we are sharing information and also taking it in turns to post a ‘thought for the day’ on Kirkcaldy Town Centre Churches page , accessible even if you’re not on facebook.
- In your own time, outdoors: Outside the kirk car park there’s a prayer space – at the cross (‘tree of life’), you can bring your own stone or pick from the bucket a stone as a prayer and lay it at the foot of the cross.
- Anytime: prayers – share or ask for prayer and be inspired by others on Pray 4 Kirkcaldy . We’re involved with it, anyone can join this group .
- Wednesdays 11am: Join Christians around the world in the Lord’s Prayer The Church of Scotland is encouraging Kirk members to join Christians around the world in saying the Lord’s Prayer at 11am* on. (link here)
- Delayed to another date : the famous “Daffodil Tea”coffee morning, changing into a “Rose or Chrysanthemum Tea”: will be announced when …: it’s a produce & plant sale in aid of Auchtertool Kirk funds in Auchtertool Village Hall. Please support this vital fundraiser as strong as you can with donations and coming (bring friends). date to be confirmed.
Events in the wider community:
Bridgehead Healing (formerly Healing Rooms Kirkcaldy) please check availability / times directly with Bridgehead Healing. Drop-ins are Fridays 1- 2.30pm weekly at Kirkcaldy venue at St Bryce Kirk Centre, and also monthly (first Wed. of the month) in our venue at Rosyth Baptist Church, 7-8.30pm. Also continuing to offer Deeper Healing monthly by appointment in Erskine Church, Burntisland (usually last Thursday of the month 7.30-9.30pm). Diane, Andy and volunteers serve to reach our area of Fife with God’s love and healing power. see also on facebook
The Kirk’s yearly seasonal cycle:
Living through the seasons, finding deep meaning in life. Nature’s rhythm and God’s inspiration join hands. Gifts you perspective, firm hold, sense. Our lives within the Creators timescale.
A significant blessing to celebrate through the changing seasons, never the same!
(Baptisms, Blessings, Funerals, Weddings = any time.)
Delayed to another date – to be confirmed: the famous “Daffodil Tea”
coffee morning, produce & plant sale in aid of Auchtertool Kirk funds in Auchtertool Village Hall. Please support this vital fundraiser as strong as you can with donations and coming (bring friends).
“Lent” = the time leading up to Easter; in Lent we tend to reflect “what is really important in life? What is worth waiting for? What is essential? Now.
“Easter” = the greatest Christian festival of the year celebrating victory over all that makes for death, by Christ’s rising from the grave, the victory of God’s forgiveness and love: resurrection. Easter is a flexible date: 1st Sunday after 1st full moon in Spring (= from 21st March)
Easter 12th April 2020
EASTER SUNRISE: 6:14 am – cancelled the annual resurrection celebration is cancelled as all kirk services across the nation are, due to Covid-19 virus pandemic.
SUMMER – concerts?
September: xth 1:30 – 4pm “Open Doors Day” in the area, incl. Auchtertool Kirk – www.doorsopendays.org.uk
September/October: service of Harvest Thanksgiving
Remembrance: Sunday closest to 11th November: 9:30 am service remembering all from Auchtertool Parish who fell in the wars, laying wreaths at the local war memorial which unusually, here is a stained glass window inside the Kirk. 8th Nov. 2020 9:30 start
Advent: the four weeks before Christmas have the four “Advent Sundays”, preparing for the joy and deep meaning of Christmas itself – a time of waiting and reflecting.
Watch-night every year in Auchtertool Kirk, 24th/25th December: from 11pm of the 24th all are welcome for hot mince pies and hot drinks, then from 11:30 we celebrate the candle-lit “watch night service” into the actual Christmas Day, a great community celebration, with the peace Christ brought very tangible.
“The 12 days of Christmas” go from 25th Dec to 6th January