4th March 2013102 Comments
The organ was gifted to the congregation by Rev. William Stevenson (who was minister of the church at the time). Then, in the early 1890’s, in Scotland, most congregations sang without accompaniment. Organ music was a radically new thing then.
The congregation of Auchtertool Kirk fundraised and organised the complete renovation of this historic organ. Lottery Heritage Fund was a great help. At the re-opening concert (7th May 2004) Mr Michael Lester-Cribb played, celebrating the renovation. John W W Stevenson (great-grandson of the Rev. William Stevenson) was an honoured guest at the concert.
Mr Neil Robertson is our organist today and we enjoy his skilful, creative and sensitive music making very much.